Cornell Language and Technology

exploring how technologies affect the way we talk, think and understand each other

Monday, April 10, 2006

Assignment 9 - My weekend trip

I love traveling, but I haven’t gotten much of an opportunity to go new places throughout my life, mostly because my parents aren’t too keen on traveling. But last weekend I got to go on a trip…lots of new places to see. Aaron (my boyfriend)’s cousin was getting married in Indiana, so we took the trip out there for the weekend.

We drove all the way, so it was a looooong trip. 10 hours in the car, one way. All the way West through New York, through a bit of Pennsylvania, through all of Ohio, then into Indiana. I had no idea just how flat Indiana is. I mean, it was something I wouldn’t have been able to comprehend until I actually saw it – nothing but land as far as the eye could see, to a far off horizon. The roads were all straight, completely level, no hills like in Ithaca. It was just a completely foreign experience. Luckily, we were going very close to the Ohio/Indiana border, so once we got into Indiana we were almost there, just traveling South for a bit to the small town of Warren (population about 1200) where our hotel was.


The wedding itself was in Fort Wayne, at a huge church that would accommodate the 400 guests. Basically we drove all day Friday (8am-6pm), then spent most of Saturday at the church for pictures, the ceremony, and then spent lots of time with the family at the reception. Then got back in the car Sunday morning and drove all the way back (10am-8pm). We got back to Ithaca Sunday completely exhausted – I fell asleep at 10pm, and slept for almost 11 hours. But it was well worth it! A beautiful wedding, and a wonderful time with friends and family.


Picture Caption:
Myself with Aaron's family at the church(L to R: his sister-in-law, brother, mother, myself, and Aaron).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home